IMAGE

IMAGE

Monday, October 21, 2013

New York Nights / New York Minute (Part III)

For the Love of Fashion


My New York adaptation chapter finally came to a end when a friend coaxed me into being her wing woman. It was at this point I realized that I have little to no tolerance for what I now term to be shitty (Self-important Hopeless Ignorant Thirsty Tasteless Yucky) guys. Because somewhere between the fashion designer/club promoter proclamation and seeing the inspired "fashion line" on IG that solely consisted of leather pants; I knew "my guy" for the night and I weren't meant to be. As the night went on though, I came to find that my guy wasn't too bad and actually the nicer of the two, as his friend turned into somewhat of a tool. 


Despite this though I still wasn't the least bit interested in my guy. There were times during the evening that I even found myself worrying that not only was my lack of interest so obvious, I may very well have started to innately roll my eyes. Unlike most socially cultured girls I sadly  struggle with stroking guys egos. I won't laugh at a guy's stupid jokes, if they aren't honestly funny and I CAN'T pretend to be enthralled by every word that comes from their mouth especially if it's complete rubbish. That's when it hit me; not only am I picky, I was (am) kind of a dick... and then I wonder why I'm still single -__-

After an evening of trying to playing nice, and by nice I mean paying for the guys cab ride, my drinks and getting kicked out of the VIP section (which the guys had supposedly "gotten" for us), I was pretty much ready to ditch our scrubs, I mean dates. The sad part of it all, this didn't prove to be too hard. As they seemed to acquired acute ADD the moment we got to the club. But the night wasn't all a waste. I found myself later that night having an unforgettable time at an awesome speak easy in NoLIta. And as luck would have it, in the company of my first Manahatta crush... so here's to chance encounters and hoping I'll have more on him to share in the future.

XO Evie
...Don't Miss the Next Blog: Awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave a comment. XO

Translate